Throughout this semester we have been writing papers and essays in different genres of writing. This past month we focused on the genre of research -- studying a topic and then presenting our findings in a written presentation.
We were asked to research a family story and write about it. This was very difficult for me. My family is not necessarily multi-generational as far as church activity is concerned, so it was a bit tricky for me to find and access a relevant and worthwhile story, simply because of the lack of family history records which promote the passing-down of family stories.
However, I still did enjoy my research about my grandmother and some of her health issues growing up. It added insight on who she is and how she became that way. It definitely strengthened my relationship and appreciation for her.
While research is not my favorite genre of writing, I enjoyed the challenge of putting my "fingerprint", or voice, on this paper. It was eye-opening to me on many fronts, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment