I have had that feeling too. I love my dad. He is my best friend. As I have grown older, I have come to respect him so much more. As I approach a marriage and family of my own, I more greatly understand the responsibility and the magnitude of the calling of a father. It is certainly not easy, and certainly it will be the most important job that I ever hold. I will never be released from that calling, in fact, it will be eternal.
As I get more mature I realize how much my father has impacted me in my life. I am him. I am so grateful that he is a honest and good man -- my heart breaks for those who have not had the opportunity to be raised by somebody like him.
I am so grateful for fathers and for prophets and apostles like Elder Cristofferson who are there to guide us on the path as we strive to become better fathers, and in turn, better sons.
No comments:
Post a Comment