I absolutely love being able to have my religion with my school. I can't remember ever being able to pray at the beginning of the class and then relate my science textbook to Nephi's broken bow. I love that. I think it helps me to better comprehend and synthesize information.
I also believe that the Holy Ghost plays a huge part in all facets of our learning, not just the spiritual.
We read in the scriptures that the Holy Ghost will bring ALL things to our remembrance. I have definitely felt that as I have gone into a test and prayed to remember the things I had previously studied.
While you don't need an institution like BYU to feel the Holy Ghost while learning, it certainly enhances it.
I love feeling comfortable sharing my views on something contrasted with the scriptures. I love being able to do rhetorical analyses on talks given by prophets of God. I love being challenged with a class about my church that I actually get a grade for.
Many people talk about Provo as this "bubble," like it's a negative thing. What on earth is so bad about being surrounded by people who are trying to live the gospel? Why does that have to be looked down upon?
People who make fun of the BYU "zoobies" or "Happy Valley" have not been able to experience it for themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment